Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sewing, Trips, and Southern Living

Jack and I are taking a little trip tomorrow. We will be gone until Saturday and even though we will miss that sweet daddy I am looking forward to a little getaway! So, I know you will be so sad (ha!) but no blog posts while I am gone. (My grandmother doesn't do internet)

In the mean time...I am finally going to try and attempt sewing. I know, I know, I got that stupid sewing machine way back when and still have not made the time to learn to use it. (well except for that one time that S and I made the elephant that looked more like a sick duck!) My sewing class starts tonight and they said that at the end of the 4 weeks I will have made baby boy a john-john! (I will believe that when I see it!) If I am really honest with you the main reason I am learning to sew is so that Jack can have all those extra cute clothes and so that the hubby will buy me a embroidery machine! I mean I have already paid for Jenny's kids to go to college with all the monogramming I have her doing. You have to save somewhere right?? I have a sweet friend I talked into going with me. I will keep you posted on our progress.

Lastly, a friend of mine brought me the new Southern Living At Home catalog the other night when we met up for girls night...All I can say is there is some CUTE CUTE stuff in there!

So I agreed to do a catalog party (I have decided I don't do home parties anymore) and mainly because I want this for Jack's birthday party and it is free for hostesses this month!!


If you want to see everything SL has to offer or to place an order visit
www.southernlivingathome.com/heatherlackey

Make sure you add me as your hostess. Happy Shopping and we will see you in a few days!

No comments: