Monday, January 13, 2014

Chaos and Cold

 
Last week was chaos, I mean chaos like we never have! That is also saying alot because J and I always joke that there is never a dull moment around our house.

I realized two things...1. I am so so thankful for my dad. 2. I am also thankful for the boys school and a routine! 

It was cold, like bitter cold here and it just doesn't usually get cold in Alabama. So, when your dad reminds you 27 times to drip the faucets on Monday night. You forget because you are rushing to a birthday party and when you get home you are rushing to get kids bathed and in bed so you also forget to shut the garage door...OOPS!

Needless to say when J shot up in bed at 3:30 Tuesday morning it was too late! Pipes were frozen solid! So we prayed they did burst and took a drive to see Pop and Nana and use their showers Tuesday night!

Finally on Wednesday while I was feeding Maggie Kate lunch it started dripping, then it was actually running out of the kitchen faucet and then I walked into the garage and well it was flooded! I got soaked, got the water turned off, called my dad, then called J, then called the neighborhood management company, then called my dad back, then changed clothes and prayed MK stayed put in her high chair, then called my dad back. Whew! J got the garage cleaned out, I went to pick the boys up from school (after only 2 hours since they had gone in late everyday that week) then pop came and fixed the busted pipes!


I have never been so happy to shower in my own shower finally on Wednesday! Thursday was just as crazy and Friday Em and I left before daylight to head to market where we busted it for two whole days! J had kid duty so he was a tad busy too! 




This week I am praying for a little calmness and some sunshine :)



No comments: