Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Maggie Kate's Birth-Day

  We arrived at the hospital at 6am on Thursday morning. The nurse who checked us in was amazed at how calm we were...3rd time around makes a huge difference!

We met my sweet L and D nurse, McKenzie and we were ready to get started. They started pitocin at 6:30, broke my water at 9am, and by 10am I was having some really good contractions. I convinced her to check me at 10:45 because I knew I was past 4cm and I was really ready for that epidural. She did and I was 5cm. YAY!!


Within 5 minutes the anesthesiologist was in the room, J was sent out, and then I laid back down, and something was not right. I felt like I needed to push....and I was right! So after a slight panic attack that we were not prepared for her to come out only 5 minutes after my epidural and realizing that my epidural was probably not going to have time to kick in, my nurse convinced me it would all be okay and my doctor came quickly rushing in.


Maggie Kate was born so quickly at 11:52am. Fitting since J and the nurse had been joking that it was not like I was going to have a baby by lunch. I was immediately amazed at how much dark hair she had and how long her fingers were. She was perfect and MUCH smaller than they predicted.




We got to spend about an hour in recovery, she nursed well, and we realized how long and skinny she was, that she had her brothers noses, and that is is the perfect mix of them.




The best Wendy's hamburger and fries later, the boys finally got to come meet her. They were so sweet and Jack was in awe of her. He wanted to hold her and love on her and sang Jesus Loves Me to her several times. In that moment I thanked God for our newest blessing and for the gifts he had given me. I also knew our family was complete and perfect for us!




We were so glad to have lots of visitors Thursday night and Friday. We were so happy to share our sweet girl with them!



No comments: