Sunday, August 14, 2011

We are Here!





I know, I know...I think is the longest I have ever gone without blogging and I better start trying to catch up! We have been busy, busy, busy. Thankfully Tootlebugs has been crazy, J was home from work for 10 days with us..10 DAYS!!! That is a LONG TIME when you are used to only spending your evenings with someone! HA! We had fun and did lots. So here is the recap. WARNING ITS LONG!!!


Last weekend we headed to the beach. Jack had been begging to go and our sweet friends and my bestest friend for over 20 years lives in Orange Beach. They were headed to visit family in south FL, so we crashed their house! It worked out perfectly. We had a baby bed for Henry and lots of toys. They have an AMAZING pool in their neighborhood and we took full advantage of it.


Jack got to go to the beach, J got to eat Pink Pony, I got to shop and we got to spend lots of time playing with the boy's cousin Hampton. Plus Aunt Tanner and Uncle Bo were willing to take on the trip to the beach with me and the boys while J was fishing with his dad.


Jack screamed I am so excited about 20 times and immediately wanted his shirt off to play on the beach. Henry just took it all in and played quietly with a shovel for about 2 hours. The weather was perfect and all 3 boys were great. I think they would have stayed all night if Hampton had not buried his face right down in the sand when he got sleepy! HA!

We had an adventure on the way home that turned into a new alternator and a 4 HOUR stay at the Wal-Mart in Greenville AL. I cried, but only when I realized it could be much worse. After all we have a nice car, the money to fix said nice car, and the Blessings from God that made everything fall perfectly in place so that we could even get our car fixed that night and get back on the road. We looked at every toy Wal-Mart carries, ate dinner at Subway in Wal-Mart, bought snacks, baby food, and pjs in Wal-Mart complete with a super hero mask and we were back on the road by 10pm!

We took full advantage of J being off for a week and slept in, let him cook, did some shopping, dinner and a movie sans kids, worked, went to the science center with Pop AND even get to go back anytime for a whole year now that Pop got Jack a membership for his up coming birthday! (which I refuse to really talk about because I might or might not be a tad bit in denial that I will be 30 and that my baby will be 3!)

WHEW!! I think you are mostly caught up, and now you know why I never have time to answer the phone or emails!

Hopefully I will be back to more reg scheduled blogging!

Happy Monday!!




No comments: