Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Journey

Dear Jack,

One year ago today I packed the last of my desk supplies, cried as I said my goodbyes to all my co-workers (many who have become wonderful friends), and walked out the door where I had spent countless hours during the last four years working and loving my job. I was scared to death and yet, so excited to begin my new "job"

Becoming a SAHM was a scary, but exciting adventure that I had always dreamed I would be lucky enough to experience even if it could only be temporary. Not having to show up somewhere everyday at 8am seemed so unimaginable. Needless to say we both adjusted to being home together very quickly and I have never looked back!

Yes, there are days that I can not wait for your bedtime to come or your daddy to get home and change the fifth stinky diaper for the day, but you always make my days so exciting and wonderful!

I could not have been blessed with a better job and I love that I am the one who gets to cherish each moment with you instead of paying someone else to see all your milestones. I can not wait to see what 2010 has in store for us!

I love you more than you will ever know sweet boy!


(This picture was from our first day home together!)

1 comment:

Grannie Rains said...

AMY, YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT.
HAVE A GREAT 2ND YEAR OF MOTHERHOOD....

LOVE YOU, CAROLYN